CLICK TO SEE MORE
Our second stop during the trip was at Lydmar hotel. And I gotta say, it was a L.O.V.E at first sight!
I have never been at some place which made me feel more like home than this one! And it's no secret at all that I didn't want to leave my room! ;) Cozy and stylish, retro and modern, classic and cool at the same time, this hotel stole my heart, and I'm not an easy girl. ;)
Let me tell you more about it.
The hotel is located on the waterfront in the very city center of Stockholm with the Royal Palace and the National Museum as the closest neighbours. With views over the harbour, Old Town and Royal Palace - Lydmar is ideally located to explore and enjoy.
The bedrooms and stone-clad bathrooms are huge with enough space left over for big landings on each of the five floors (one has a grand piano on it). The restaurant-bar resembles a living room, with bottles of wine shelved alongside books, and patrons sitting on leather sofas. Decoration in the public spaces is provided by large reportage photograph.
What I really liked, is the fact that no room is the same and each has it’s own personality, art and decor making it feel more like a home than a hotel. Throughout the Lydmar, new technology blends with restored 19th-century building which gives you even more special feeling about the whole space. And stuff? You can't ask for better! Well dressed with sincere smile on their face they will help you with everything that you need.
We stayed in separated rooms, Jelena in Large King (which is more like apartment than room) and I slept in Medium King. All rooms are designed with a contemporary classic look and each room has its own personal touch. With complimentary wifi and movies, bed linen from Gastraldi in Italy and L'Occitane in bathrooms you won't leave your room. :)
Tips for Lydmar hotel:
1. Order your breakfast from room, it's free of charge or enjoy in gorgeous restaurant area, don't miss to try blackberry jam (it's perfect), yogurt and cream cheese, these things are supper yummy!
2. If you are staying somewhere else, you should definitely stop by to Lydmar's brunch or drink at night, you gotta feel this amazing atmosphere.
3. If you have chance pick room 415, and you will be delightful!
4. If the weather permits, soak up the sun in front of the hotel and enjoy the view.
5. Grab a book or play the piano, turn on the music in your room, you are at home. ;)
Huge thanks to Charlotte for a warm welcome, macarons were great! :)